cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guestpass password. Where?

alberto_de_la_c
New Contributor III
Hi,

Is there any way to check passwords for guestpass after generating them? For example, customer lost his password and I want to resend it again. I can't find it in documentation.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

robert_krause_6
New Contributor
Not that I know of. You can re-print a guestpass that you created before, but this is rather hidden in the guestpass generation process. When generating a guestpass, I adopted it as a habit to copy the key to the comment field. This way, the keys (comments) are shown in the list of guestpasses.

alberto_de_la_c
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert! I was wondering a way to check it as an admin

alexandra_frinc
New Contributor III
That is a good idea. However in an environment with multiple persons delegated to create guestpasses it might not work (usually they omit the comment field).

An alternative, given to us by support, is to enable the Web Authentication Debug Component (from web UI Administer-> Diagnostics) and retrieve the password from the log:

Oct 10 17:37:47 IP ZD syslog: handleRequest():handling CreateGuestPass from IP(of the guest manager)

Oct 10 17:37:47 IP ZD syslog: setSessionVar():sending session vars gentype:single

Oct 10 17:37:47 IP ZD syslog: setSessionVar():sending session vars fullname:Conference

Oct 10 17:37:47 IP ZD syslog: setSessionVar():sending session vars key:password

Oct 10 17:37:47 IP ZD syslog: setSessionVar():sending session vars wlan:guestSSID

Oct 10 17:37:47 IP ZD syslog: setSessionVar():sending session vars starttime:

Oct 10 17:37:47 IP ZD syslog: setSessionVar():sending session vars expiretime:

The fullname:Conference and key:password are the needed information.
However enabling this debug component leads to an increase of ZD CPU utilization and memory.
We only used it temporarily, since we had to split the total number of APs between two ZDs and needed to syncronize the guestpasses which were created on only one ZD by the guest-managers.

An alternative is, of course, to create a new guestpass in case the password was lost.