cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped and Garbled audio with SpectraLink 8440 Phones

steve_dreher
New Contributor II
I have a site with 95 SpectraLink 8440 phones and 80 APs with a ZD 3000 running 9.6.1.0.15. We experience dropped audio for up to 8 seconds and then the call will come back. The SpectraLink phone logs show very high Tx and Rx retries. I was told this ZD load addressed dropped audio issues with SpectraLink but we continue to have issues. The SpectraLink phones are at 4.3.0 which is also the latest software. The inside APs are on the 5 GHz band to reduce interference with a separate customer WiFi and the outside APs are on 2.4.
41 REPLIES 41

matty_brown
New Contributor III
Wait a minute...

"Spectralink Optimization"??

Have Ruckus finally come up with a solution?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
That change is a set of best-practice settings enabled with 1 click. It's not a fix to anything per se, but might be worth a try.

joe_statter
New Contributor
Hi Guy's the Spectralink issues and the ASCOM /ALU 8118 phone problems have now been mostly resolved in the new 9.6.2 MR available on the support site.

matty_brown
New Contributor III
We've been running 9.6.2.0.13 for the past two days with some success. It was someone at Ruckus that recommended that we try this release.

As far as I know, Spectralink/Ruckus are still a way away from gaining VIEW certification, but this release seems a step in the right direction.

Spectralink 8440's still on 4.6.1.0011.

michael_daracz
New Contributor II
I second Mattys Comment, My spectralinks are usable, but from time to time I still have garbled dropped audio. Its far far far less though.