cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped and Garbled audio with SpectraLink 8440 Phones

steve_dreher
New Contributor II
I have a site with 95 SpectraLink 8440 phones and 80 APs with a ZD 3000 running 9.6.1.0.15. We experience dropped audio for up to 8 seconds and then the call will come back. The SpectraLink phone logs show very high Tx and Rx retries. I was told this ZD load addressed dropped audio issues with SpectraLink but we continue to have issues. The SpectraLink phones are at 4.3.0 which is also the latest software. The inside APs are on the 5 GHz band to reduce interference with a separate customer WiFi and the outside APs are on 2.4.
41 REPLIES 41

michael_daracz
New Contributor II
I updated, it didn't do anything for me still garbled and choppy. ugh

matty_brown
New Contributor III
The 9.5MR3 firmware continues to give us good call quality 99% of the time. Still some issues with roaming between AP's though, especially when the phone is not in a call. Phones can lose signal when moving from one area to another and standing directly beneath an AP. Is roaming somewhat limited whenever you're not on a call? Also - is rebooting after losing/regaining a connection normal?... not quite sure why it does that, though I guess that's a SpectraLink issue rather than something Ruckus can help with.

All our SpectraLink 8440's are on firmware 4.6.1.0011.

mason_mackinnon
New Contributor
Hello There,
I am wondering is there a way to soft test a 8450 phone.

michael_daracz
New Contributor II
Hi guys, after some testing, I am on the same page as Matty Brown, we have good quality 99% of the time, but we have troble roaming while on call. Sometimes, headset has to be restarted to regain access to the wireless. Running 9.5MR3 and phones are on 4.6.1.0011

matty_brown
New Contributor III
Well, we're still having problems with our Ruckus/Spectralink equipment and we're shutting down for Christmas at 5pm today. Hopefully a solution to the problem will be released early 2014...?

Happy Christmas everybody!! 🙂