cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped and Garbled audio with SpectraLink 8440 Phones

steve_dreher
New Contributor II
I have a site with 95 SpectraLink 8440 phones and 80 APs with a ZD 3000 running 9.6.1.0.15. We experience dropped audio for up to 8 seconds and then the call will come back. The SpectraLink phone logs show very high Tx and Rx retries. I was told this ZD load addressed dropped audio issues with SpectraLink but we continue to have issues. The SpectraLink phones are at 4.3.0 which is also the latest software. The inside APs are on the 5 GHz band to reduce interference with a separate customer WiFi and the outside APs are on 2.4.
41 REPLIES 41

It will go in the company announcements area as usual.

Yes, the next version of 9.6 (9.6.2) should have these as well, but it's still a ways off.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I suggest to provide a ZD debug, and AP support info, gathered when a phone
with a known MAC address is on the AP or APs, and open a ticket with Ruckus
Tech Support.

If you are running ZD 9.6.1.0.15, latest Spectralink code, and still appear to have
short silence or one-way audio, do the problems seem to be related to roaming and
can you collect the ZD debug, and AP support info of the To and From APs the
phone roamed between? This is the info that can provide some clues to identify
a known issue/bug, or normal poor client connection in the face of interference.

matty_brown
New Contributor III
9.5MR3 has been released... look here for the announcement and here for the release notes.

michael_daracz
New Contributor II
Did anyone try this release and see if the problems went away?

matty_brown
New Contributor III
Yes, I tried this release. It seems to work well, except since installing the firmware, phones are unable to roam to/from two of our AP's. Further investigation is needed to figure out what went wrong.