cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when provisioning will support Android 5 & Windows 10?

andras_bellak
New Contributor II
We've been hearing that Lollipop (Android 5) will be supported in the next release for months (and there have been multiple interim releases to the 9 chain during that time) and still no auto provisioning for Android 5. And now we're seeing Windows 10 not running Auto Provisioning (and MS is reporting over 75 Million devices now have Win10 on them).

Does anyone here, or if you're with Ruckus, know when we might start seeing better support and updates of client platforms?
Thanks.
28 REPLIES 28

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Engineering and Product Marketing are targeting ZD 9.12.2 (MR2) release to include both Win10 and Android 5 (Lollipop) support for Zero-IT/DPSK.

Will the 7363 and 7962 APs support the new firmware? I keep hearing from support to not upgrade because of performance problems.

What we were told is that 9.8.3.0.14 is the last firmware to support the 7962 APs that we use, so we can't utilize any feature implemented beyond this. This also leaves us with no resolution for the bug that I describe here: https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/the-limit-d-psk-generation-per-user-feature-...

I understand the no new features mentality, but bug fixes for a WLAN that still has plenty of life isn't acceptable to me.

I agree! It isn't as if the fixes needed to allow compatibility with Lollipop and Win10 or to resolve the issue with usernames being case sensitive are incompatible with these older APs.