cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPSK activation issues with windows 8 tablets / mobile devices can't manually copy DPSK

donald_curry_58
New Contributor III
One of my customers has some issues with the DPSK activation process through the zone director (Firmware 9.6.1.0.15)

1) Windows 8 Phone and Windows 8 Tablets attempt to download Prov.exe and it states that it is not compatible with this operating system. Is 9.7 going to resolve this issue?

2) Occasionally an android phone will not properly download Prov.apk, however, manually copying the DPSK proves to be impossible because the activation page displayed by the zone director appears to prefer you have a mouse to highlight the DPSK. When you attempt to Long Press + Select All + Copy on a mobile device, this does not work because it attempts to copy the entire box instead of only copying the plain text DPSK. Are upcoming ZD releases planning to resolve this issue?
13 REPLIES 13

rob_coote
New Contributor III
The release notes for your version of firmware will have compatibility information. The workaround for Android devices is to use Chrome rather than the stock browser.

There is no workaround for Windows Phone 7.5/8 - as per the Ruckus documentation for 9.7 they are not supported for Zero-IT/DPSK.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c40b135b77e247931906_7bb89075d25c95e255c58fdae31a2fdb_9_7_Compatibility_inline-07ccaaa4-97cc-4d90-bdb1-ac3077a125d2-1627863856.jpg1387465647

hamish_mcbreart
New Contributor
Any further advance on this topic? I've got some users with Windows Phone 7 who are unable to connect because they cannot copy the DPSK they are given. One user on Windows 8.1RT was able to copy the DPSK and connect successfully.

martin_kane
Contributor
I'd like to know what happens when Windows 8 users try a different browser?

landavid009
New Contributor

I would like to inform you that Windows 8 will last without activating, for 30 days. During the 30 day period, Windows will show the Activate Windows watermark about every 3 hours or so. It also shows the build version of Windows 8 at the bottom right hand corner of your desktop.