cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Password Regularly

bernard_hunt_4o
New Contributor II
We have a ZD1100 and three APs. There are three SSIDs, one for devices, one for management, and one guest. The ones for device and management have big nasty passwords for security that don't get published. The guest access has a password but it get's published. For security I change is regularly, but then I have to let everyone know what is the new password.

I would love to get a solution where the guest password was changed daily and I could ready it in code to publish on our intranet. I can write what ever code is needed to retrieve the password, but is there any way to get it?

Has anyone every set up something like this?

Bernie
8 REPLIES 8

Image_ images_messages_5f91c484135b77e247acbf8a_0fc09b22613fd90530c979a8be4411fd_RackMultipart2019053124461l1ze-b5eae2fd-cbfe-4fef-8289-291486691067-320727237.png1559316425

The point is moot because it requires human interaction and a human to remember to do it. We need an automated solution.

bernard_hunt_4o
New Contributor II

Ankush,
The problem with both of these solutions is it requires human interaction. The objective is to automate the process of daily passwords.

Ankush_Chandan
RUCKUS Team Member
I understand that. In case you need to automate the process, the most  commonly used automated mechanism in such case is Guest-Pass Self- Service. The Guest Pass Self-Service feature allows guests to connect to a guest SSID and submit basic information (name, email address and mobile phone number) to receive a guest pass code. The guest then enters this code to gain access to the internet, with no IT involvement required.