cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonjour Gateway / ACL

jkrainak
New Contributor III
Is it necessary to open the associated ports in your ACL when using a Bonjour Gateway at the Zone Director?  In other words, if you have a BG advertising AirPlay is it necessary to allow traffic on ports 7000, 7001, etc?  I ask because I can get Airserver mirroring to work great between ipads on vlan 2 and wired Windows PCs on vlan 1, but for some reason it's not working on my wired imacs running AirServer - the ipads see them, but cannot mirror.  I thought maybe I was missing a port.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
You may need to define a Bonjour bridge service for AirPlay between the source and destination VLANs,
under the ZD WebUI, Configure/Bonjour Gateway page?

jkrainak
New Contributor III
Right, the first part of my post is asking if you have to open ports in addition to using a bonjour gateway.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
These "canned" bridge services *should* include the service-types necessary.
If still not working, we may need a Wireshark trace (or to understand if the application uses more than just AirPlay, etc).

jkrainak
New Contributor III
Just a quick follow up, I have had to open several ports to get AirServer to work across subnets:

6010-6012
49152 (not quite sure about this one exactly)

This was all gleaned from wireshark troubleshooting and may be specific to different versions of iOS and whether AirServer is installed on a PC or Mac