cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Failure or event 201

eddie_scarberry
New Contributor II
I am using a radius server. sometimes I have a device that is still trying to connect using a users old password, and after trying the bad password 3 times in a roll, it locks the user out. I see that there is a EVENT 201 in the event viewer. Shouldn't these type events of Client authentication failed get logged? 201 is set to log, but I never get any 201 logs. Is there a way I can see authentication failures to maybe see the device type, name or mac address of the device the password is failing on? 
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Eddie,

You have posted this question under Zonedirector product. However, you are using SmartZone or virtual SmartZone. This is why provided information is not matching.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thank you.  can you provide me with SmartZone info?  should I post this also under Smartzone?  

Reason Code 201 is applicable for the WLAN which has MAC Auth enabled, not for PSK or 802.1X. I don't think you will get more information like client IP or hostname.

Could you share a sample event.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

ok thank you.  its always been a chore to try to find out what devices are locking an account out.  Some I have never found.