cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Signal Interference

vip_maddog
New Contributor II
I am using ZoneDirector 3000 to manage ZoneFlex 7343. Recently, i am facing a problem about 4G LTE signal interference. The wireless signal still can maintain around -69 to -75 dbm. However, the throughput has been dropped below 1Mb. Do anyone has the similar problem? Do you have any workaround solution for it? It is because we can't manage or control the carrier to deploy their equipment.
19 REPLIES 19

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Are you sure about this? Have you checked this with a spectrum analyzer?

vip_maddog
New Contributor II
I have two sites had similar problem.
Site A: There is 4G LTE antenna beside the ZoneFlex 7343. We did the tests before and after power off 4G LTE equipment. It proves the throughput is affecting by the 4G equipment.
Site B: There is 4G LTE outdoor antenna in opposit building and we place the ZoneFlex 7343 in corridor. We did the tests before and after close the windows curtain. It proves the throughput is affecting by the 4G equipment.
I am not an expert about the wireless signal. So, I used the simple tests to prove it.

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Well, that doesn't prove anything.

But anyway. How far is the antenna from the AP at site A? It could overpower the AP. Although that doesn't explain site B.

What freq is the LTE modem on? Buy a spectral analyzer and check. LTE shouldn't interfere with WiFi.

vip_maddog
New Contributor II
For Site A, the 4G LTE antenna is very close to the ZoneFlex 7343 and we arranged the tele-company to relocate their antenna. Now, it has around 1 meter distance between antenna and 7343. The testing result is acceptable.

For Site B, I can't apply the same solution for it.

LTE frequency will be 1800Mhz, 2300Mhz or 2600Mhz.