cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web authenticate page doens't show?

paul_yoon_73518
New Contributor II
I am setting up ruckus wireless for the first time.

When i set up the SSID as a standard network, I am able to connect to the internet. however, when I set it up as guest network where the policy applies, I am not able to connect because I am not directed to a Authentication Page to use my guest login/password that I am able to generate.

I am able to get an IP address via (local) DHCP from my firewall that I have between the Internet and the ZD. The firewall is acting as local DHCP server, so users will not access internal network. But when I open a browser, I'm not redirected to any page to authenticate? Is it because the management IP of ZD is on my internal network?

Once I remove the guest policy and set it up as standard where there's a shared key and such, it works.

Any assistance would be appreciative.
8 REPLIES 8

hoang_tung_7073
New Contributor III
thats more interesting,
Would you give me a screenshot of your guest SSID? 

paul_yoon_73518
New Contributor II
I'm afraid i cant.

my question is am I able to achieve that with Ruckus?

I'm unable to bring up the authentication page once a user connects to the network and opens the browser. How do I know what the IP of the authentication page is?

paul_yoon_73518
New Contributor II
Can someone please assist with this?

Why am I not redirected to any page to authenticate my guest pass when I enable guest VLAN?

hoang_tung_7073
New Contributor III
hey, sorry for reply late, I have been a way for a week.
I think you should go to Configure--> Guest Access.
click the guest webpage (which you assign to your Guest SSID). There should be an option like "request authentication.." or something.
If you cant give me any screenshot, I am afraid that I cant help you go further.