cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R600 - Frequent heartbeat loss & Missing SSID

dewi_handayani
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm using several AP Ruckus R600 in our school for wifi access for our students. 
Currently I'm facing several issues :
  • I received quite often the alerts of heartbeat loss of our Ruckus APs. What can be the reasons, and how can I fix them?
  • Very often the APs got bugged, as in the SSID is missing. Thus I'm forced to disconnect and reconnect manually the ethernet cables of all the APs. How can I fix this problem? What can be the cause?
  • With the Ruckus APs, there are 3 SSIDs : Hotspots (for the smartphones), Lab Mobile (for mobile devices, such as laptops and tablets). As we want to filter the devices to connect to our wifi, all the devices' MAC addresses are registered in each SSID (Layer 2/MAC Address Access Control List). But Ruckus can only accept 128 registered devices for each SSID. What is the best way to filter the devices if we want to enlarge the connected devices?
Many thanks for all your helps.
Regards,
Dee
5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Dewi,

Please refer the article shared by Sanjay in his previous comment.

Also make sure there is no network issue and APs are able to reach controller (master AP) all the time.

If you do not find any network issue and APs are still rebooting due to heartbeat lost, please contact support and report the issue.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn