cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus IOT suite & philips HUE lights and motion sensor

laurens_puystje
New Contributor II
i am currently working on a project that involves pairing hue motion sensors,lights,smartplugs and ledstrips to the ruckus iot controller, but i have been stuck on how to make the light turn on or change brightness or colour when for example the sensor picks up motion. I have been trying to use node-RED for this but i havent had any succes yet. Anyone that could offer some help or advice here? to me it seems like i would need a hue bridge but doesnt the RIOT controller fulfill that purpose?
6 REPLIES 6

laurens_puystje
New Contributor II
I've solved it, the first motion sensor i was working with was faulty, now that i have a working one everything runs without a problem. 

laurens_puystje
New Contributor II
after a few days of testing i noticed that the ruckus IOT controller loses connection with some of the IoT end devices, for example i cant turn my light bulbs on or off via the controller. The motion sensor on the other hand responds fine.
the first time this happened all of the devices didnt respond anymore and i fixed the problem by unplugging the iot module from the AP and re inserting in. yet this doesnt solve anything anymore.
Anyone knows why and how this problem keeps reoccuring?