cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router recommendations

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
Hello, we are new to the product and look forward to using the product for all of our installations. Just wanted to get some router recommendations and find out what routers are commonly being used to interface and work with Ruckus AP.

Also, we will be installing Ruckus in a model home and prefer to use the Ruckus for wireless signal only. Not sure if you guys are using wireless routers and turning off broadcast or if you are using wired routers (which is our preference).

Thank you, appreciate your input.
15 REPLIES 15

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
That is an interesting setup Keith. Not sure I would be able to get away with that since I need to port forward for security cameras and assign static addressing. Are you saying a less feature rich router will be a better choice?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
No, just that a low-end device often doesn't offer much benefit over a bare AP.

In your case for example however, since you have 2 AP's and no controller there is a clear benefit - you can use the router as the single control point for DHCP, DIP/MIP, etc instead of having to configure each AP independently. Plus there might be additional benefits like being able to VPN for troubleshooting, etc.

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Yeah, there is NAT support on the APs, however everything else is really limited, so a router is much more preferable solution. We haven't sold 1 AP more bacause of the NAT feature. Users usually require a little more than just that. But a ql feature anyway

feldbaum_609184
New Contributor
I prefer to stick with Fortinet Routers.

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
I recently went with MikroTik and am extremely happy. Thanks for all the help.