cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router recommendations

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
Hello, we are new to the product and look forward to using the product for all of our installations. Just wanted to get some router recommendations and find out what routers are commonly being used to interface and work with Ruckus AP.

Also, we will be installing Ruckus in a model home and prefer to use the Ruckus for wireless signal only. Not sure if you guys are using wireless routers and turning off broadcast or if you are using wired routers (which is our preference).

Thank you, appreciate your input.
15 REPLIES 15

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
RW APs will work with any router. In fact, 802.11 makes sure of that. What kind depends on what you want to accomplish. You wouldn't want to hit a small nail with a sledge hammer, or viceversa, would you?

If you will install a router, install one without wireless or turn it off.

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
Thanks for the reply. I understand that any router will work but realize there are certain products that work better with others. I am basically trying to accomplish the same in all clients homes - a stable system with extremely good throughput. A lot of guys are recommending Mikrotik but I have to learn RouterOS before I tackle that.

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Try DrayTek routers

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
Any specific model?