cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 not passing data not sure what I'm doing wrong??

tory_gibilisco
New Contributor II
The APs are on VLAN 33. They receive an IP address from VLAN 33. You can see the WLAN SSID and you can also connect to the SSID. Once connected, you are handed an ip address from VLAN 33. However, you cannot ping or connect to anything. If I SSH into the AP, I can ping anything and everything but the clients attached to the AP cannot ping or connect to anything. Its almost like the AP handed out the DHCP address and then went into "don't pass any data mode". Any thoughts why I cannot get on the network? Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

tim_morton_7322
New Contributor III
Make sure your gateway is correct...

tory_gibilisco
New Contributor II
Which gateway? My DHCP server hands out the gateway. It's 172.16.33.1. The clients get that but cannot connect. If I plug a PC in they get the same gateway and they can connect. Or are you referring to a sifferent gateway?

tim_morton_7322
New Contributor III
Thats the gateway I was referring to. Is the ap the client connects to the only one or are there other aps that this is happening to as well? What about other ssids? Are other ssids effected?

tory_gibilisco
New Contributor II
I have only 3 APs installed. There will be 40 APs when finished. Of the 3 installed only one is active. I was running a test before I move on. Cannot get connected through that one. AP has 172.16.33.5, client was given 172.16.33.6. The CLI of the AP can ping everything. The client cannot ping anything.