cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola MC9090 handhelds and 7363 Access Points with Zone Director

michael_daracz
New Contributor II
I have 4 motorola handheld guns roaming between 6 overlapping 7363 access points with Zone Director 1100. The guns are running a simple wavelink telnet application. They are sitting on a separate open WLAN with no authenticaion but with an MAC ACL. Intermittently, the guns are having problems re-establishing a link to the access point(bars that indicate signal strength go from full to none, and the handheld indicates that it lost connection with the server), even though they are within the range of them. It doesn't happen often but its annoying enough. It usually takes 10 - 20 seconds to re establish a link. What settings should I check? Thank you!

I
40 REPLIES 40

Thanks very much Eddie and Primoz, will try these setting in the next few days, hopefully even over the weekend.

It looks like "get ssid" is not a command.

Are you doing this on the AP CLI, not ZD CLI as mentioned above?
Format is "get ssid [wlanid]" i.e.
rkscli: get ssid wlan1
wlan1 SSID: motoscanner

What you need to do is to use this command to find the wlanid for the SSID that your scanners use and then use that wlan id in the command "set dtim-period wlan1 5". The wlanid may vary per AP for the same SSID, hence why you need to do it separately on each AP.

You can also use the command "get wlanlist" to list all the wlans active on that AP - this will help you know which wlanid you need to check in the 2.4/5Ghz bands.

Welcome to the Ruckus Wireless ZoneDirector 1100 Command Line
Interface
ruckus> enable
ruckus# debug
ruckus(debug)# rksap_cli -A "set dtim-period wlan0 2”
ruckus(debug)# rksap_cli -A "set dtim-period wlan1 2”
ruckus(debug)# rksap_cli -A "set dtim-period wlan14 2”
ruckus(debug)# rksap_cli -A "set dtim-period wlan15 2”
ruckus(debug)# quit

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
For excecuting commands on APs via ZD read this KB article

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/an...