cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max throughput for Ruckus Access Point 7982 802.11n

andrew_craig_67
New Contributor
We have a new wireless network made up of 20+ Ruckus 7982 access points. We have a 50MB circuit from our ISP but max download speed on a single device maxes out around 27-30MB when connected to access point. Is there a configuration setting that will increase the max throughput for a single device while not affecting range or quality of signal?
thanks,

andy
9 REPLIES 9

anshuman_tanwar
New Contributor
We have installed Ruckus 7982 and tried to connect single tablet with it. We are getting download speed of  4 MBPS but on speedflex it is showing 8MBPS speed. Is there any way we can increase download speed. Also as we connect 2 tablets then download speed becomes 2 MBPS (on each tablet). Should not we get dedicated speed of 4 MBPS (individually) when only 2 tabs are connected to AP.

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II
From what you posted, it seems that you have very slow internet connection. Speedflex shows that bandwidth over wi-fi between AP and client is 8MB/s, but as download is only 4MB/s,  it means it is limited by 4 MB/s Internet connection. If you connect 2 clients, you have this 4 MB/s shared between them -- not 4MB/s for every client.
Also I would say 8MB/s speedflex number is quit low, you probably have low RSSI or high interference, but it is still better than your internet connection.

roman_somov
New Contributor II
Hello,

I got the same problem, but with more details. I have 90 Mbps symmetric speed and when I just tagging it to my router I can get all of than on client devise by using 5 GHz radio. But as soon as I creating local sublet (3 of them) speed became 30 Mbps. Changing ssid back to router one and it's 90 again. Why is this happening and how I can make subsets with same speed?

Thank you.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Does your router have different speed Ethernet interfaces (ie 1 GigE, 2 x 100mb?), one per VLAN? Are you doing further packet inspection/filterning? Are you testing with just one active client, and only the one VLAN versus 3 VLAN subnets? Do you get better rates on any one of the 3 local subnets? (meaning could there be slow switches in the path for some but not all VLANs?)

I'm using 7982 as a router. It has local sub nets on it. I turned on 3 from 4 available.
When you creating it's ask you to which vlan to route it, so i did 3 different one. Something like 2,3,4. And yes I do have managed switches, but this one not going anywhere just for WLANS, basically everything local on this wap, managed by this wap. And when I creating SSID with just route to other vlan with usual router outside of that 3 on wap, speed test shows me 3 times faster speed. Basically whole speed what i have. Disconnecting device from one ssid, conectin back to other one with local to wap subnet and speed going down 🙂

It's could be that wap dividing speed on quantity of sub nets? Like if I have 90 coming to me and 3 on wap and wap reserves third per each subnet?