cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licenses activation for APs on SZ124

milan_gvozdenov
New Contributor III
Am I suppoused to see total number of APs? For example, I activated license for 225 APs first, and then I activated 135 licenses for APs. When I go to Administration/Licenses on SZ124 should the capacity number be 360? Both of licenses are permanent and activated on one controller. When I check on the controller I see first "CAPACITY AP 225", and in the next row "CAPACITY AP 135". In my experience with other controllers (not ruckus) when you activate licenses you see total number ( that would be 360 in this case).
12 REPLIES 12

I think there is 225 twice because one controller was faulty and we had to change it. Probably because of that. So when they expire you think that they will continue working on activated licenses? But still, that does not explain why I do not see 360 installed licenses on "Summary" tab.

60 are consumed for now, as we speak, more access points are mounted and the number is rising. 

Alright, I will talk with support then I guess.
Thanks Abi!

Hi Milan,

Current licenses on this controller at the moment are 1585 so this controller will support 1585 APs, 1000 are default trial licenses valid for 90 days these will expire on May 18 2020 and permanent ones are 225 + 225 + 135 which will never expire. 

Actually you should see 1360 APs on the summary page but you are seeing 1585 instead, this is what you need to check with support.

Yes, after 1000 AP licenses are expired your 360 APs will work with the existing licenses for sure, but you need to clarify about other 225 with the support.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

Hey everyone,

This is solved. If you are wondering what happened:

We had faulty SZ124 and it had to be changed but licenses are transfered to the new controller. Thats why there is "N/A 225" twice. 

1000 is, lets say "temporary", and they will dissapear after 45-60 days. 1525 is because of 1000 + 225 (from old SZ124) + 225 (transfered licenses) + 135 (new licenses). After 45-60 days 1225 will dissapear and I will see only 360. That would be it, thank you for your help. 🙂