cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest SSID on seperate VLAN

josh_michielsen
New Contributor II
I have a ZD 1100 with 5 zf7982 APs. 

Currently setting up guest access. I have configured the WLAN SSID, and have tagged it correctly. Clients connecting to the guest SSID can reach the DHCP server and are able to receive IP addresses, however, they're unable to "sign in" to the guest network (in this case, they are not prompted to accept the Terms and Conditions). 

Setup is as such:

ZD: 10.10.1.150
APs: 10.10.1.151-155
Guest Network: 10.10.8.0-10.10.9.255

The APs and ZD are untagged on the 10.10.1.X VLAN and are tagged on the 10.10.8.0/23 VLAN. If I leave the guest SSID untagged (VLAN 1) then the guests can 'Sign in', but once I tag it they can't. I've tried adding some rules to allow access to 10.10.1.150 to the guest access settings but still no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

rahul_koul
Contributor
Hello Josh,

What is the version of firmware running on your ZD? Also, is this a specific OS issue or all OS are affected?

Also, just enable Tunnel mode and see if that makes any difference? You can enable this feature from Configure :: WLANs :: WLANs :: Edit :: Advanced options :: Tunnel Mode

Regards,
Rahul

josh_michielsen
New Contributor II
Hi Rahul, 

Firmware version: 9.8.2.0 build 15
As far as I can tell all OS's are affected. So far I have tested Android, Mac OSX and iOS. When I have the opportunity I will also test with a Windows based operating system, although I don't feel the result will be any different.

I will enable Tunnel mode tomorrow morning (Australian Western Time) and let you know if I have any luck with it.

Regards,
Josh

josh_michielsen
New Contributor II
Hi Rahul,

I have enabled Tunnel mode on the guest WLAN and it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Again the client connects to the WLAN and is not prompted to accept the T&C's of the guest access. If I browse to 10.10.1.150 (controller IP) I get the T&C page and I am able to accept them. It will then redirect to a blank page, but still not allow internet access.

The client shows as Authorized in the ZD web interface.

Kind Regards,
Josh

rahul_koul
Contributor
Hello Josh,

There are two issues here- one the T&C page will not load on its own and second you do not have internet access even if you manually go through the T&C page. The ZD might just need an upgrade but I will suggest to have TAC confirm that and take the call. Please open a case with them.

Regards,
Rahul