cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail 802.11 Authentication Request - Info: Withhold Authentication Frame

bernie_wright_a
New Contributor
Greetings,

We're using the Virtual SmartZone and are new to the Ruckus system after using Aruba for years. We're having an issue where our users are frequently losing their internet connection while still connected to the wireless access points. Most of the reported issues are using the  "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265" wireless card, but we also have macOS devices reporting issues as well.

When I run Troubleshooting on a client experiencing an issue, I see the text "Fail 802.11 Authentication Request" and while hovering over the info button, I see "Info: Withhold Authentication Frame". These machines appear to be connected to the network, but aren't able to load any web pages.

Does anyone have any tips for how I can correct these issues? Feel free to ask follow up questions. 
2 REPLIES 2

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Bernie,

If you have an active support contract I would recommend contacting Ruckus support directly with your query:  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/case_management

It would help to know what AP model(s) you're using and what type of authentication and security settings you have configured on the WLAN with the issue.

Regards,
Darrel.

jay_verry
New Contributor

Did you get an answer to your question?