cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent of WPA label

lonnie_3404113
Contributor
I have some old First Data FD100 credit card units that use wifi and label the connection "WPA-TKIP". I want to remove the current AP and switch these FD100's to a Ruckus SSID. When creating a new SSID in ZD, what are the equivalent encryption options for "WPA-TKIP"? I think I've tried just about every combination of WPA and algorithm, but no luck on getting the FD100 to connect to the Ruckus SSID.
You would think that choosing WPA and TKIP on the ZD would work, but somehow these FD100 units are not able to connect to it.
Thanks. Image_ images_messages_5f91c3e5135b77e2478d109c_ead7f23e90117aff2aae1a4d4bb4ad43_lonnie038_inline-7fa39e3f-1f23-4b0f-80fd-446793caccd8-643905740.jpg1397054372
8 REPLIES 8

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Yes, It Shall be a cakewalk for you. There are couple of ways of doing it.

1. Disable WLAN service on 5ghz on specific AP or all AP's. You need to do manually + once you do this then it impacts all SSID on 5ghz on that AP or all AP's if you do it for all.

2. You can create a WLAN group with no SSID attached to it. Assign that empty WLAN group to the AP or AP's.

Once you do one of the above then AP(s) won't broadcast SSID on 5ghz at all.

Go to configure --> AP --> click on AP Mac --> go to Radio A/N (5.0 GHz) --> go to WLAN Service --> turn off

Go to configure --> AP --> click on AP Mac --> go to Radio A/N (5.0 GHz) --> go to WLAN group --> assign the empty WLAN group from the list.

You need to perform this one-by-one if you need to do this multiple AP's.

lonnie_3404113
Contributor
Got it working - thanks Monnat Systems!

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Lonnie,

this is fantastic news.

Please if you don't mind, could you please share for other community members to know which trick or step you did and THAT nailed it.

lonnie_3404113
Contributor
Yeah, I had that day's bang-head-on-wall moment. The AP by the FD100's wasn't patched in. I could see the SSID with my iphone and my laptop (from another AP), but the FD100's by prior experience do not work with a weak signal.
I still want to eliminate that SSID on 5 ghz, but that was not the problem per se.