Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOL ZoneFlex and Knowledge Base Questions

nbctcp
New Contributor III
Hi,

I am newbie in Ruckus world and has several questions in my mind

QUESTIONS
1. ZF7343 and ZF7762 is not supported in vSZ 3.2.
Is that mean I can't use those EOL AP at all

2. In Setup wizard after deploying vSZ ova there is a check box
"Convert ZoneDirector APs in factory settings to Virtual SmartZone APs automatically"
Let say, I forget to tick it. Can I tick it later.
Any problem if I didn't tick it

3. I have ZF7343 and ZF7762. If I need to search Knowledge Base. I need to buy Premium Contract.
I need to be able to search Knowledge Base.
What is the cheapest alternative for that.
FYI in Cisco or Aruba, I can search KB but can't download firmware. In ruckus is vice versa.

4. In vSZ 3.2 most of the time when I power on. All the services is off.
How to make it on automatically by default.
Here how to reproduce the problem
#show service
#service start

thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Edgar,
I am not clear here
"then we can use EOL and not EOL APs in the same controller (but different zones)."
QUESTIONS:
1. Do you mean in vSZ-E 3.1.1 or 3.2
If you mean in 3.1.1, my next question is why I need separate zone if both EOL and non EOL are both supported in 3.1.1
If you mean 3.2, then how I import EOL AP, because vSZ didn't recognize it

Can you point me to a KB number (Knowledge Base)
tq

Hi.
You must install vSZ-H (HighScale) 3.1.1 and then upgrade it to 3.2 (do not make a 3.2 fresh install), then in the "upgraded" 3.2 you can access to 3.1.1 and 3.2 AP firmwares. After the upgrade, you can create a zone using 3.1.1 firmware (zone for the EOL APs) and other zone using 3.2 firmware (zone for the new APs), then you can register the APs in the 3.1.1 or in the 3.2 zone, depending of the AP that you will register. 

Edgar is correct to an extent however i have NOT run into scenario which you are into. In my situation, My provider upgraded Vscg however they left AP upgrade part to VAR which means my AP will still running ok with old version and it was upto my discretion to upgrade the AP to latest firmware or leave it running on old one..

Does it make sense?

Monnat, if the controller is at the provider side, yes that make sense.
By this way, you can upgrade you AP the the new AP firmware version and take access to the firmware version improves. In this case, the provider will change your AP zone to a 3.2 firmware zone. But if your AP have not support on 3.2, then you can stay in 3.1.1 provider zone, or upgrade the AP to 3.2 and use it on stand alone mode. Make sense?

Bests

yes, it does. 🙂