cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Points Dropping Suddenly

alex_ornelas
New Contributor II
We have recently been experiencing issues with our AP's constantly dropping and coming back up. This has been happening constantly today alone, there is no obvious connection issues with our wiring. We have our AP's fairly spread since we have a grand total of 60 AP's we are a fairly large area and we have around 30 users who heavily rely on the Wi-Fi. 
8 REPLIES 8

To be clear, this was a PC that was 3 switch hops away from AP's that were being affected.  The multicast traffic was affecting every switch port in our network but only the AP's were affected due to CPU limitations.  So I wouldn't immediately suspect the laptops connected to the AP's as the culprit.

Right, at least this has given me some insight into a possibility. I will still do research into what other culprits there could be. Troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot.

You may be on the right track Todd, good advice above, and was what my flat subnet ques was asking for.

We have seen certain NICs that sent ICMPv6-Multicast-Listener-Report broadcasts, which can

affect AP/ZD connectivity. 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000003275 

I'll be inputting more information, capture screen shots, and make the title better.

We usually recommend not locating your ZD/APs on the same VLAN/subnet as servers

due to this sometimes seen issue.  Please update server/workstation NIC drivers if possible 

Okay guys, so after that day it seems as though things have calmed down. The issue seems to be going on early morning and stabilizes around 8 a.m. At least now I have somewhat of a specific time period to investigate. Anything further I will update here. I appreciate everything Todd and Michael.