cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP was rebooted by the system because of [system fault] / [unknown reason]

robert_reyes_4n
New Contributor
I am using 2x SmartZone 100 and it is cluster. I noticed that some of our AP was rebooted by the system event code is 302 and 303.
5 REPLIES 5

Anusha_Vemula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Robert,

There are multiple different reasons for APs system fault reboots. We have to check the AP support info file for more details.

Also, we have to enable himem logs to get the debug level details about the crash/reboot.

Unknown reboots generally occur if there is any power issue. Again, for this issue also, we need the complete support info file of the AP to know the root cause.

I would recommend to open a case with Ruckus Support to further analyse the reboots and fix them.

- Anusha

diego_garcia_de
Contributor III
Thanks Anusha for the info. Do you have any more details on how to enable the himem logs ? I will open a support case but have several APs exhibiting similar behavior, all at a single site and all with the same type of switch.

Thanks

Anusha_Vemula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello Diego,

Himem logs can enabled from AP shell mode. However, shell access to the APs is not shared with the customers.

Ruckus TAC team will enable it on remote session once the case is opened.

Please open a case with us and we will assist you accordingly.

- Anusha

diego_garcia_de
Contributor III
Thanks Anusha. Will open a case and point to this info. In the past, I was asked to RMA the AP but such a log was never taken.

Power is indeed one of my suspicion as the APs where we see this the most often are those on longest cable runs. I was expecting to see the "brown out" alarm but then I noticed the R510 does not support such an alarm. I guess it's for AC powered APs.

Thanks for the info.