cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unleashed.ruckuswireless.com’s server DNS address could not be found

allan_collins_7
New Contributor II
I took delivery of 4 new Ruckus R500 today and prior to installing them on another site next week I decided to have a play with one to see how it works where I'm based with a view of recommending the purchase of more at a later date.
I am new to Ruckus and followed the extremely simple steps of setting one up using the video found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtxx3AtTQs  
All works well until the configuration finishes and I find the unleashed management page is unreachable as the DNS address isn't found.
I can access the internet with no problems via the R500 I set up and I saw the correct DNS address being used during the setup (we use a Virtual Core Domain server for DNS and DHCP)
Any ideas as to why the page is unreachable? 
7 REPLIES 7

jason_pearcy
New Contributor III
Just to be clear you are connected to WiFi that is being served by the unleashed access point? If yes then are you using any kind of proxy server?

allan_collins_7
New Contributor II
Hi, yes I'm attached to the new wireless created by the R500 and no we don't have any Proxy Server...but I will give our ISP a call and see if our hosted firewall could be blocking it.
Many thanks for the reply 

allan_collins_7
New Contributor II
Just spoke with our ISP's technical support and neither the Firewall or the filtering system we use is blocking the address.  Is there a ip address associated with  unleashed.ruckuswireless.com as I can't ping it either.

jason_pearcy
New Contributor III
Its not going to be blocked by a firewall that is not in the path of communication. If can find out the IP address of ANY of the unleashed APs and go to https://<IP address> you will get to the unleashed login page. 

The unleashed APs see a DNS query for unleashed.ruckuswireless.com and instead of letting another DNS server respond to that query the AP responds with its own IP. DNS spoofing.