Did you mean: 

removed.

jungyu_park
New Contributor III

removed.

11 REPLIES 11

louis
New Contributor III

I can also confirm setting Directed MC/BC Threshold to a value greater than 0 results in significant client connectivity issues and log messages like`lwapp_get_sta_stats IEEE80211_RUCKUS_GET_STA_STATS=163 ioctl failed`.

Setting Directed MC/BC Threshold value to 0 resolve the connectivity issues and eliminated the logged failures.

Observed using R850 APs running Unleashed 200.11.10.5.195 with Android and Mac OS clients.

jungyu_park
New Contributor III

removed.

louis
New Contributor III

I suspect we may be observing two different issues. All connectivity issues in my system have been resolved for that last week since setting Directed MC/BC Threshold value to 0. I've not experienced issues with devices being disconnected during sleep, yet...

For my issue, it is not clear why I was having connectivity issues with a Directed MC/BC Threshold value greater than zero. Current working theory is that this feature messes with DHCP / DHCPv6 / SLAAC messages leading client software to think IPs have changed when they have not. The network I am testing on is dual stack IPv4/6 with dynamic address assignment on most clients.

Apologies if I added confusion in your thread here by confirming a separate issue. But research into my connectivity issues lead me here, you posted some of the same errors as I was seeing from your logs.

As far as Ruckus getting back to you for support, yes they are frustratingly silent in this forum. But if you have a support contract and open a ticket, my experience has been very good. Unfortunately, you must have the support contract or they will just close your ticket...

jungyu_park
New Contributor III

removed.

jungyu_park
New Contributor III

removed.