cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable LACP for T710 in unleashed firmware

joey_lu
New Contributor II
I am new user for Ruckus APs. I have two concerns below.
1. Does unleashed firmware support LACP?
2. R710 has two eth ports, both can connect to a switch for LACP. For T710, one of the eth port is POE out, so for T710 supporting LACP, does it mean I have to use POE in and fiber port ?
10 REPLIES 10

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Joey,

Yes, the Unleashed is supported for LACP on T710. You can use the latest version from the below link.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2631-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-9-10-4-202-ga-release-softw...

You need the below requirement to make the LACP work:
1. Correct PoE mode i.e. PoE802.3-at      
     a. 802.3at PoE+
     b. Passive PoE injector capable of at least 20W
     c. 12V DC power supply

2. Min two ethernet ports Up at same speed/duplicity.

You can configure the LACP with 2 Ethernet ports.

Below is the 2 articles which explains the configuration of LACP.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000009914
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000009927

joey_lu
New Contributor II
Hello Sanjay ,
I tried to read articles you mentioned but failed.(Something happened that we did not anticipate. This has been logged as error 0005b01a-209b-6330-63ac-b8fc0cf153de. If you require immediate help, please contact us directly through our Contact page. )

I read the unleashed doc and the example uses R610. I understand both ports on R610 connect to switch. But for T710, it's different, the 2nd eth port is POE out, you per your reply above,shall I connect POE out to the same switch as POE in port uses ?  I am really confused.

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Joey,

If you are using a PoE switch to power the T710, the T710 PoE OUT port cannot be used to power additional devices. Since it requires custom Ruckus supplied 60W PoE injector (part #902-0180-XX00), or to use AC power.

So if you are not using the power adapter and POE out port is not used to power the other device, then you are good to connect the second ethernet port to the switch for the LAG.

Below are the commands to configure the LACP from CLI:
set bond bond0 enable
set bond bond0 add eth0
set bond bond0 add eth1

To verify use "get bond".

Check if the AP is in "rkscli:"" mode, once you login to the CLI. If it is in "ruckus>" mode, then type the below command.

ruckus> enable
ruckus# ap-mode
ruckus(ap-mode)# set bond bond0 enable
ruckus(ap-mode)# set bond bond0 add eth0
ruckus(ap-mode)# set bond bond0 add eth1

Note:
Make sure about the below points:
1. On the switch, make sure switch supports PoE+ and if LLDP is enabled on it.
1.On the AP, use the command to make the AP to use power in "802.3at".
ruckus> enable
ruckus# ap-mode
ruckus(ap-mode)# get power-mode
(If the power consumption is showing as "Power Consumption Status : 802.3af", then force it to use 802.3at using the below command).
ruckus(ap-mode)# set power-mode AT

Make sure about the below points:
1. On the switch, make sure switch supports PoE+ and if LLDP is enabled on it.
1.On the AP, use the command to make the AP to use power in "802.3at".
ruckus> enable
ruckus# ap-mode
ruckus(ap-mode)# get power-mode
(If the power consumption is showing as "Power Consumption Status : 802.3af", then force it to use 802.3at using the below command).
ruckus(ap-mode)# set power-mode AT

If I connect POE out to switch, and T710 is powered on with AC, why should I use set power mode ? I am confused again.