cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Ethernet Bridge (NETGEAR WNCE2001)

daniel_atkins_7
New Contributor II
I have a customer that I provided an unleashed solution to. It was a simple install, and has worked flawlessly. Finally a price point that allows me to compete.. I have one issue, the customer has a device with only a LAN card, and no display whatsoever. I am looking for a LAN to wireless bridge that I can plug into an AC outlet and convert the LAN to a wireless connection. After doing some research, and knowing that my best option would be to add another R500 Unleashed AP, and use it as a Wireless bridge, but I cannot propose this due to the price point of another R500. I found information on the Forum page stating that all options are poor performers, especially if the device that will be connected is in limited use. I found the NETGEAR WNCE2001 as my best option.

ANY suggestions would be helpful..

Thanks,
-WIFIGUY
3 REPLIES 3

pashtett
New Contributor II
I really like using small Apple Airport Expresses for things like that. Very stable and has an option to bridge you wireless network to it's LAN port.
Products like Netgear sometimes require reboot and not that stable in general.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
You can also load DD-WRT firmware onto most wifi-enabled routers and operate DD-WRT in "client mode" which is essentially a ethernet <—> wifi network adapter.

Of course, your mileage may vary in terms of stability.

kelli_8hfd19753
New Contributor
A wireless router is a device that works as a router, it sends data from the internet cable to a device and as a wireless access point so this data can be shared through radio signals instead of another cable. For more details visit  Xfinity Customer service