cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN SSID on one AP in Unleashed Network

lee_jacobs
New Contributor II
I have a an Unleashed network setup with an SSID. I would like to add a second SSID on a separate VLAN but only have the SSID broadcast on one access point. I couldn't see where this can be done on the web interface so I'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks,

Lee.
9 REPLIES 9

lee_jacobs
New Contributor II
Hi Sanjay, Thanks for the info. I'm logged into the Unleashed master device and cant see where to create a WLAN Group or AP Group. 

Hi Lee,

Sorry, we do not have option for Unleashed in the GUI. However, we can do this from the AP CLI.

By default all the APs will broadcast the SSIDs created under Wifi Networks.
We need to login to the AP (which you DO NOT want to broadcast the specific SSID).
And then turn off the specific SSID in broadcasting. 
Leave the AP which you want to broadcast the SSID.

CLI commands:
1. get wlan list ( will list out the WLANs broadcasting with their WLAN number).
2. set state down (example set state wlan32 down).

This will stop broadcasting that specific SSID on the AP and only the desired AP will broadcast it.

lee_jacobs
New Contributor II
Hi Sunjay,

Thank you for you comment. Ive tried your instructions but when i connect to the master Unleashed AP CLI and enter those commands i get "The command is either unrecognized or incomplete."

If I connect to one of the member APs i get the following: "Command is not recognized: get wlan list"

I've looked at the CLI help and dont see 'get wlan' listed as a command.

Thank you

Hi Lee,

How many APs you have in this Unleashed network?

If you login to Unleashed master, it is a controller CLI, not AP. Refer below command and follow the same what Sanjay advised you before.

enable
#ap-mode

Run the rest of the commands in 'ap-mode' and all commands should work.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

karthik
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Lee,

From Unleashed version 200.7 we support AP groups.

For example
Install AP in Cafeteria
Create an SSID for Cafeteria
Create an AP group for eg. Cafeteria-Group, select Cafeteria APs, select Cafeteria SSID, and other settings. as needed.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c457135b77e247a32f19_d1aaa744c0f6a052523501f654cedc01_RackMultipart2020071540931x0dx-db382179-e235-4342-af86-247c0ed97a90-1916161653.png1594837427

References
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eq6hUy8dM8
https://docs.ruckuswireless.com/unleashed/200.7/GUID-438F4C73-96B6-4294-A8AF-A8FFBCBDD96E.html

HTH
Thanks,
Karthik.

Thanks
Karthik.