cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN SSID on one AP in Unleashed Network

lee_jacobs
New Contributor II
I have a an Unleashed network setup with an SSID. I would like to add a second SSID on a separate VLAN but only have the SSID broadcast on one access point. I couldn't see where this can be done on the web interface so I'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks,

Lee.
9 REPLIES 9

gideon_kay_6gtl
New Contributor II
You can use ap groups to accomplish this

Regards

Gideon

karthik
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi,

In the main menu, click to expand "WiFi Networks" menu, to reveal existing SSIDs.
Click Create to add new SSID. 
For VLAN assignment, click Advanced Options, and enter VLAN ID in Access VLAN.

HTH,
Thanks,
Karthik.

Thanks
Karthik.

lee_jacobs
New Contributor II
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your reply. I do know how to create VLAN SSIDs. My question was can i have the specific SSID only broadcast on a specific access point.

Thanks,

Lee.

Hi Lee,

Yes, we can do it. We just need to create a WLAN group >> Add the SSID to that group >> Then go the Access Points >> Select the AP and click on Edit >> Under the WLAN group select the Group which has the SSID you want to broadcast.

Below is the link where I have mentioned on how to create the SSIDs to be broadcasted on 2.4 and 5 GHz. This is on the AP group level, but we can do this for the individual AP with the same login.

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/adding-2-4ghz-to-existing-5ghz-network-for-r...