Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a Ruckus unleashed AP's after the master has been updated

nohands
New Contributor III
The Master AP is running  200.6.10.1.310
Our 9 other APs are running 200.0.9.9.608

I log into the interface, go to a AP which tells me it needs upgrading, I select upgrade point it towards a local copy, it uploads, I hit the update button, its says 100% success I can then close the window reboot or cancel so I reboot and nothing changes. Even a hardware reboot does not move things onward. 

For all the 9 APs they report firmware 200.0.9.9.608 on the dashboard (needs upgrading) and in the fireware upgrade window report firmware 200.6.10.1.310 at the top. 

I have also tried upgrading via preload image, no dice.

Upgrading via admin>administer>upgrade is not an option as it only lists the master AP.

Am I missing something here is there a better way to upgrade an unleashed AP, Help!
16 REPLIES 16

nohands
New Contributor III
I can confirm another secure site running on 200.0.9.9.608 which cannot be upgraded.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Thanks Nohands, although the 200.6 release notes say you should be able to use the online upgrade method, perhaps you might need to jump an interim version from our very first release.
That might mean manual (PC to AP) if they don't upgrade on your LAN.

I'm posting 200.7.10.102.64 (GA Refresh1) on the Support site today.  It also says we should be able to upgrade from 200.0.9.9.608.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2756-ruckus-unleashed-200-7-ga-refresh1-release-notes