cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed APs with ZoneDirector 1106

michel_laurent
New Contributor
I already own one ZoneDirector 1106 (6 APs license) with two 7982 APs.
I want to extend my WLAN network. A couple of questions come up.

1. Is it possible to use R600 Unleshed APs in my existing ZoneDirector 1100 setup?

2. The ZD has a license for only 6APs. I assume that this will not change when I add R600 Unleashed APs? R600 APs support up to 25 APs.

3. Can a R600 Unleashed AP handle 7982 APs ?

4. Does it make more sense to kick out the ZD 1100 and setup a new WLAN network based on R600 Unleashed?

5. Is there any benefit of running a ZD 1100 with regards to functionaliyt compared to a R600 Unleashed network? I don't plan to have more than 10 APs in my network.

Any comment or help is much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

seanmuir
Contributor III
I would be careful with Unleashed, as the testing I have done so far proves that its quite buggy; I get kicked from the AP quite a lot and the configuring of the WLAN's is very laggy.

Like all good things, I would wait a little while until the product matures 🙂

Yes, i see same issues here. Clients (in my Case Smartphones) get sporadically kicked from AP. After Changing IP AP inaccessable (no ping, no gui, no management). Restart of AP did not bring it back online. Sometimes a second AP did not connect to Master.

I think it is really a good idea and it looks good but like Sean wrote i would wait a little while, too.

firmdale
New Contributor II
I have seen this issues when my APs were configured with DHCP IP.
I am using R600 and R500 access points in my lab.
Since setting my both APs to static IP Unleashed works like a charm.