cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed API

ms
New Contributor II

Is there published or unpublished API for Unleashed?

I'm looking for the MACs from cli command "show current-active-clients all". 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mmMOLINARI
RUCKUS Team Member

Totally agree. I just created a new repo on GitHub and added the Unleashed postman collection: https://github.com/commscope-ruckus/RUCKUS-Unleashed

You start with the call to login using the unleashed credentials, then retrieve a CSRF token, and use it in the header for subsequent calls.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

ms264556
Contributor II

There are now a couple of python APIs for Unleashed (and ZoneDirector), both of which will let you query active clients.

My one, aioruckus, connects to Unleashed and ZoneDirector using the AJAX endpoints (or a backup file).

mmMOLINARI
RUCKUS Team Member

Great work! May I create a fork to our GitHub repository?

Sure - the license is BSD 0-clause, so you can do whatever you like with the code, with no attribution required.

Development is still quite active, so the API isn't 100% stable yet. e.g. I have a batch of changes which I'll commit next week, to write AP Groups and DPSKs, so it can be used for ZD to Unleashed migrations.

Hi Marcelo. Since I think you're the Ruckus API guy...

I would like to add discovery to the Home Assistant Ruckus_Unleashed integration but, disappointingly, mDNS service discovery is functional on all Ruckus platforms except Unleashed.

Edit:

I restarted my APs and I could see the _ruckus_unleashed._tcp service from all APs for a short time, then only from the master. Then every hour I could see "mDNSResponder (Engineering Build) (Jun 15 2023 07:52:32) stopping" followed by "mDNSResponder (Engineering Build) (Jun 15 2023 07:52:32) starting". After 28 hours there was just "mDNSResponder (Engineering Build) (Jun 15 2023 07:52:32) stopping" then nothing else.

I changed the master, which brought the service back to life again.

This time it's lasted 7 hours before it failed to restart.

mmMOLINARI
RUCKUS Team Member

Can you give an example of a bad service type in Unleashed, and a good service type in SmartZone? I will send the details to the unleashed PLM