cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Mobile apps using Unleashed

Chrispygreen
New Contributor

Hi,

I have recently installed a ruckus unleashed wifi network in my home. Everything works great, however certain apps on Android mobile devices don't work whilst connected to the network. My weather app and banking app etc... 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

Squozen
Contributor III

You're not using any kind of VPN on the Android devices? It sounds like the kind of issue you might have if you had an MTU problem. I'm presuming the time on the devices is set correctly as another common cause is an SSL problem due to time mismatches.

Hi,

Thanks for your message. We have a fairly standard set up, router through to HP switch with the AP's spurred from that. I have checked the time on the APs and the Router, these are correct. There is no VPN on ant part of the network and it is all running through one subnet. 

Thanks 👍 

Then the next suspect is DNS - it’s always DNS. 

The DNS on the master AP was pointing to my router. I have re-pointed these to google 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, this has made no difference. Unfortunately I can't change the DNS on my router as the ISP blocks this out. 

If I set up a WLAN on my router, all of my apps work fine, but turning this off and connecting through the AP, my apps stop working.

Any other ideas would be welcome! 

Many Thanks

The DNS settings in Unleashed only affect the APs, not your clients. 

Do you have a laptop to do testing with?