-Have three R610's (latest unleashed firmware 18.104.22.168.212), all with wired connections. One is a master and the other two are adopted by this master (no mesh).
-Connect with full power using Ruckus power Bricks.
-All have been assigned static IPs and I have reserved the IPs in the router as well.
-The are all in the same management subnet vlan and SSIDs are assigned to 3 different vlans - works perfectly.
-I get all information logged through splunk.
- Now and then the APs reboot themselves - reason from the logs - "Heartbeat Lost"
- Both the Master and the adopted APs experience this on and off. Adopted APs more than the master slightly.
- When this reboot happens, the clients switch to the other APs, but it takes about a couple of minutes and is not smooth.
- On an average they reboot about every 4-5 days.
- What could be the reason for these heartbeat lost reboots? How do I fix it?
- This issue is causing a concern for reliability - Mostly has happened in non-active time windows for now, but can occur any time.
- I checked the router logs to see if there was any DHCP related issue - could not find any logs that point to it.
- I checked the AP logs to see any pattern, could not find any pattern, just the heartbeat lost and then reboots.
- Checked a few threads in the forums - have not got any concrete ways to fix this.
- I am almost giving up on these great R610 to something more reliable - unless I find a fix for this.
I am an unleashed home user - I do not have support contracts.
Any help, pointers appreciated.
this sounds like a network connectivity issue. what kind of switch/switches are used to interconnect the APs? what are the distances of cable and have you tested the cable runs?
I assume they are not connected via a Ruckus or PoE switch, if you are using power adapters...
Also, if you use static IPs they should be out of the DHCP scope. Otherwise they should be assigned via DHCP and through the server reservation they would always get the same IP address offer. The way its set you are mixing static with dynamic in the same scope/range which is not recommended.
There is no reason the heartbeat would be lost if the APs can reach each other and the gateway.