cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic reboots R610 Unleashed - Help Please!

r_v_7xpcziruizl
New Contributor II

Background:
-Have three R610's (latest unleashed firmware 200.9.10.4.212), all with wired connections. One is a master and the other two are adopted by this master (no mesh).
-Connect with full power using Ruckus power Bricks.
-All have been assigned static IPs and I have reserved the IPs in the router as well.
-The are all in the same management subnet vlan and SSIDs are assigned to 3 different vlans - works perfectly.
-I get all information logged through splunk.

Issues:
- Now and then the APs  reboot themselves - reason from the logs - "Heartbeat Lost"
- Both the Master and the adopted APs experience this on and off. Adopted APs more than the master slightly.
- When this reboot happens, the clients switch to the other APs, but it takes about a couple of minutes and is not smooth.

- On an average they reboot about every 4-5 days.

Question:
- What could be the reason for these heartbeat lost reboots? How do I fix it?
- This issue is causing a concern for reliability - Mostly has happened in non-active time windows for now, but can occur any time.
- I checked the router logs to see if there was any DHCP related issue - could not find any logs that point to it.
- I checked the AP logs to see any pattern, could not find any pattern, just the heartbeat lost and then reboots.
- Checked a few threads in the forums - have not got any concrete ways to fix this.

Conclusion:
- I am almost giving up on these great R610 to something more reliable - unless I find a fix for this.

I am an unleashed home user - I do not have support contracts.

Any help, pointers appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1