cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate 2.4 vs 5ghz SSID's

richard_faris_j
New Contributor II
I'm replacing 3-4 Pakedge WX-1's in my home with Unleashed R710's.  I want to use the same SSID's so that I don't have to reconnect a gazillion devices.  I'm a step above novice when it comes to networking and typically know what I need to know to perform my job.  This one has me stumped.  How to I create separates, or can I just create 2 in the Ruckus setup that match the names and security of the two SSID's I'm running now?  Thanks in advance.
16 REPLIES 16

mark_schneider
New Contributor

I am the sole occupant of a single-family, free-standing house, and my home office voip phone and desktop pc are wired ethernet, as is my music streaming device in that room.  Main a-v system is all hardwired ethernet, so it is laptops, tablets, smartphone and a few music streamers that hit the wifi (theromostat and Harmony remote as well -the hub of which is a nuisance to provision- as it seems to care whether the hub and the androids communicating with it are on the same network. 

So far, so good - the R650 is doing a great job - I think all of my stuff is being given more than enough bandwith - and with great signal strength so far.

If you need more coverage, you may choose to connect on 2.4 G SSID. If you are close the AP where 5G signal is strong, choose that over 2.4 to get more speed.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn