cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus - ring problem

martin_hayes
New Contributor

Hi, I have had 2 Ring cameras connected for well over a year to our ruckus Wi-fi fronted by 4 unleashed R310s. No issues at all. Last week one of them lost its connection and wouldn’t reconnect. Helped by Ring support they asked me to reboot everything, zero the ring Camera  settings and add it again using the Ring App (as I had done originally). Every attempt has failed since with incorrect password and yet I know the password is correct (have seen it in other device to check it’s working and it is). I have subsequently successfully connected camera to two different mobile phone hotspots with the same password. Weird. So why is the authentication of the password failing on the Ruckus? And why now, not before. To make it even more weird. A couple of days the other camera has done exactly the same. So neither camera will now connect because Ruckus fails with ‘code 15 error in frame 2 of 4 way handshake’ incorrect pass phrase (invalid MIC). 

First of all anyone have suggestions? 

I did wonder if either Ring or Ruckus are rolling out updates that have caused a new issue encountered when a camera loses its link? 

both cameras down rules out hardware and they were bought 12 months apart. 

did wonder if sidewalk may be a factor but I am in the us and don’t think it’s live over here. Very confused layman. 

any help or pointers appreciated but I am assuming that whichever it is that it would surface on here and would be understood. Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

Little more information. I closed the ruckus network down physically and renamed the hotspot to the same name and the same password. Both Ring cameras connect to that without any issue which rules out the 'nature' of the network SSID and the password and ensured that I know 100% that the right detail is in both of the cameras now every time they attempt to connect. The result is the same. Both fail at stage 2 of the 4 way handshake according to client access tracking. I was hoping that having got the correct detail into the cameras that they would work, especially at the time of a physical reet of the access points. But no.

I have looked for the 802.11r option via the app and the web interface but can't see that option anywhere - I will try again now having ruled out the above but I am wondering if perhaps the R310 doesn't support that feature maybe which is why it isn't showing? Apologies but I am learning as I go along. 

i have updated firmware and still getting the same problem. I closed the ruckus down and renamed my hotspot the same as the wifi network with same password and ring cameras connect without any issue which rules out ssid and password issues. But for some reason after a couple of years the ruckus is now failing with the errors above. Don't understand what is making it fail now. Bizarrely the other Ring camera we have is still working and connecting perfectly. 

mfitz516
New Contributor

@martin_hayes I know this was a while ago, but this is exactly what is happening to us, were you able to resolve it? 

justin21
New Contributor

For your Ring camera to operate flawlessly, a strong WiFi signal is essential. It permits uninterrupted access to live feeds, capabilities for remote control, and alarms. Additionally, your wireless Ring camera is crucial. Check to see if you have adequate coverage.