cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed r500 not working correctly with Google Expeditions

martin_goodwin_
New Contributor III
I have a client who has just half a dozen unleashed r500 Ap's all on the same subnet.
All they want to do is be able to use Google Expeditions so that one ipad can be a Guide and the others as Followers.
The ipads all receive their ip addresses from same DHCP server and all on the same subnet- they are set up on the Master AP as VLAN 1 there are no other VLANs .
The Google Expeditions apps cannot find each other -the idea is that they are all on same wifi network -once the Leader has started the app the followers can find the leader , form an expedition and get exploring.However neither can find each other.
Everything I have read around this advises me to tick the bonjour gateway tick box and allow this between VLANs - however I have been advised that because they have a flat network with no VLANS Bonjour Gateway is not relevant as all broadcast traffic is on the same subnet, so it should just work straight away. The trouble is it doesnt.

Im hoping some /many of you will have experienced this before.
Many thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

martin_goodwin_
New Contributor III
Unticked on that page it should say

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Goodday,

We released Unleashed 200.3.9.13.228 yesterday.  You're using regular WPA2 PSK WLAN,
but find 5 clients on a HotSpot WLAN could communicate?  Could you get a change management
in order to perform an upgrade to your network and re-evaluate?  I would like to know if you see
a fix.

martin_goodwin_
New Contributor III
Hi Michael
Thak you for your advice - before i try the 200.3.9.13.228 I cant get these two lines to work from the code i include a few posts back .

ruckus(config)# show wlan (to get the exact name of the WLAN I wanted to configure)
ruckus(config)# wlan MySSID

when i type show wlan - i receive the ssid as xxxxxxxx Wi-Fi ( the x's represent the network name followed by a space then Wi-Fi

However if i then type wlan xxxxxxxx Wi-Fi instead of where it says MySSID above i always receive the error "the command is either unrecognised or incomplete"

Can you advise where i am going wrong - there is deifinitely a space between the network name and Wi-Fi but it doesnt make any difference if i include or exclud this space it still throws an error.

In respect of you 200.3.9.13.228 firmware upgrade -because i am not on site can you confirm that this will not wipe any settings or need any configiration afterwards please.

I can confirm that at the end of last week i visited the site and got google expeditions working with 3 ipads and an iphone hotspot and it is wpa2 encryption.

Look forward to hearing from you

martin_goodwin_
New Contributor III
Hello just wondered if anyone could help with my problem above please.