cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed App lost connection to network. APs not sending wifi connection, network not seen in available networks

david_m
New Contributor II

I recently installed 2 R550 APs in my house. It was working. I had the Unleashed app in my iphone and was able to access the network. I had a few occasions where suddenly the wifi would drop but came back with restarting the AP by removing the poe.

Last night had a power outage/surge?? Very brief but power came back. Since it came back, there is no wifi network in the available networks, I am not able to log in to the network using the unleashed app. 

I tried power cycling the 2 APs by disconnecting and reconnecting the poe. I see yellow/orange for both the 2.5 and 5 Ghz but no wifi.

I have a Poweredge ER4 router. There is internet through wired connections. But no wifi connection.

Frustrating. I can not talk to support [3months basic support] because the vendor CDW apparently has to login to Ruckus that I am the owner of the APs. They have not done that. It looks it may have been cheaper and less frustrating to go Netgear or Dlink or other residential routers. 

Ruckus is supposed to be rock solid and enterprise quality, but these frequent drops and wifi trouble shooting is frustrating. 

Can any of you please help?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Here is the entire playlist - just look for anything titled Ruckus at Home.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLySwoo7u9-KKu93bAVEFHykEnfWj5oThf

Let me log in to mine and look - I've never actually created a group, so I don't know what kind of landmines are in hiding and waiting for you if you delete it.

Email will work, but I believe the only function that functionality serves is to send guest pass information, not alerts. There are probably some other means you'd need to bring in for that type of thing. Such as SNMP, or syslog.

Social login should be baked in. You can see that in guest portals when you create them.