cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R710 Unleashed 200.12 5Ghz Downlink Throughput Half of Uplink

mlruth
New Contributor

Hello,

I have noticed that three separate wireless clients are only able to achieve donwnlink throughput roughly half of the uplink throughput when connecting to a Ruckus R710 running Unleashed 200.12.

I have tried running several bi-directional iPerf tests across all three clients and different upstream wired network endpoints and the results are always roughly 50% proportional.  I've also tried switching the channels and channelization that the AP is using for the SSID and the issue still follows.

I had also tested and noticed this behavior on the slightly older 200.10 Unleashed versions and attempted an upgrade to the latest version to see if it would resolve the issues especially since the 200.12 Unleashed release notes mention a resolution was put in for an issue on the R750 APs that seems identical to this issue.

Are there any other users that are noticing similar issues?  Are there any suggestions in how to fix the problem?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @mlruth @hayward_kong @Ruckus

Hope the throughput issue is taken care of. Just to keep you updated, this behavior is known and reported to Engineering. The fix is available in version 200.13.x. Please feel free to upgrade and retry the testing.

Parik_MN_0-1703167375450.png

Regards,

Parik

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ruckus
New Contributor II

I noticed exactly the same on my R710. Doesn't matter which Unleashed version. 350Mbits download and ~700Mbits upload. Sometimes also 650 download and 800 upload, but upload is always higher.

maybe the old security patch bug is back from 200.7.xx and 200.8.xxx... I'll test that out next month or so and verify it... Been too busy the last 6-8 months...

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @mlruth @hayward_kong @Ruckus

Hope the throughput issue is taken care of. Just to keep you updated, this behavior is known and reported to Engineering. The fix is available in version 200.13.x. Please feel free to upgrade and retry the testing.

Parik_MN_0-1703167375450.png

Regards,

Parik

Ruckus
New Contributor II

@Parik_MN I can confirm 200.13 fixed the uplink throughput after we applied the update. Uplink and downlink yielded the same speeds.