cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP is another wifi network than the main one

spencery
New Contributor

I have two ruckus r320 AP. On my network it shows two different wifi networks. The modemn/provider and the AP network.
How do I get the AP network to become part of the main network where it will show as the main network and not have an extra network name from AP.
Also for my other AP does it get automatically connected when I'm near it and how will I know I'm connected to it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You don’t. You turn off the wifi in your modem and enjoy the far superior wifi from your enterprise-grade system. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

spencery
New Contributor

Like to make the AP to be as an extender.

You don’t. You turn off the wifi in your modem and enjoy the far superior wifi from your enterprise-grade system. 

spencery
New Contributor

Also since I have two AP's does the master AP and the secondary AP intermingle? Like if the Master AP is upstairs and the second AP is downstairs do devices connect to the closest AP/fastest?

Devices do whatever they want - it’s totally up to them. You can somewhat force them to make better decisions by raising the minimum transmission speed on the APs but forums are full of people asking why their phone decided to join the AP at the other end of the house instead of the one right above it.