cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R750 Unleashed Single AP (Best Settings)

roger_federer
New Contributor III

Looking for tips / pros that have an ideal set of configs for a single R750 beyond default settings that you would recommend?

The Community has been so awesome helping me out and I searched but didn't see any existing threads.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Roger,

It depends upon your requirements but below are some best practices.

• Keep the number of SSIDs less as as per the requirement. Running too many SSIDs will consume more airtime.
  • Power up AP with POE+ (802.3at) so that AP can function with it's full power and capabilities.
  • If number of clients connecting to this AP are too many, prefer using 2.5G port, to connect R750 with switch, so that it can get good backhaul with wired network.
  • If you have a router or firewall already at site, avoid using Unleashed in Gateway mode.
  • Since you have just one AP, 802.11r is not required so do not enable it in WLAN settings.
  • If this is the only WiFi system in the area, you can utilize 2.4G radio in 40MHz channels for better speed. However, make sure area is not polluted with other 2.4G devices, else interference will increase and you may face connection/performance issues.
  • Make sure you place the AP in a place where it can cover maximum area. May be do a site survey for perfect placement. There are many 3rd party applications available for a basic site survey.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

This is great Syamantak, thank you!

You recommend closing a thread as answered after getting a single persons advice?

If that’s done, others may not share their advice, seems premature. 

Hi Roger,

Thread is open. Ignore the previous comment.

Thanks!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn