cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R650 Poor Performance / Throttling

sirianthe3rd
New Contributor

I've been seeing very poor throughput out of the box on my R650. I never seem to get more than 200Mbps on the 5Ghz network. I've tried every combination of settings that I can think of, but it doesn't change anything. I have the 5Ghz network on its own SSID, Wifi6 button selected, utilizing auto channels and channelization. I have 4 specific channels setup in the upper 5Ghz range, but with my phone using the SpeedFlex app and testing two different Windows machines with Intel 210AX cards in them, all throughput numbers are exactly the same (~230Mbps). Drivers are all up to date. I'm on the latest Unleashed firmware 200.12.10.5.234. Really at a loss what to do now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nick_s
New Contributor III

I've fixed my Ruckus 650 poor performance issue, instead of doing POE I plugged in an AC adapter and now my phone gets 900Mbps instead of 500Mbps. I don't understand why that's the case when I wasn't getting any power warnings and I even tried manually setting the AP to 802.3at. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hs_Choi
New Contributor

Did you configure Gateway-mode on unleashed?

secured2k
New Contributor II

R650 on 5Ghz DFS channels without interference. Unleashed, iPhone 13 802.11ax 2x2:2 streams at 80Mhz. 

I can get 1.2Gbs upload using SpeedFlex, however download is much lower as described. However if I use an iPerf client and server via 1Gbs switch/NIC, I can get 800-900Mbs (needs multiple download streams though). 

I have come to the conclusion that the SpeedFlex App or service is not accurate, but the speeds on various wireless clients via AC/AX are fast and stable as expected for the radio environment. 

hayward_kong
Contributor III

I agree speed flex is not accurate especially when testing on the AP that you are logged on to.

nick_s
New Contributor III

I've fixed my Ruckus 650 poor performance issue, instead of doing POE I plugged in an AC adapter and now my phone gets 900Mbps instead of 500Mbps. I don't understand why that's the case when I wasn't getting any power warnings and I even tried manually setting the AP to 802.3at.