cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Wifi connection blocked on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10

howard_kuo
New Contributor II
I recently bought a Samsung Note 10 and I noticed wifi connection about every 24 hours will dropped wifi and my phone would say Connection Blocked. So I thought was my phone issue, so I exchanged another one and I have the same issue, about every 24 hours it will drop wifi and says connection blocked, however if I click on the wifi and it will reconnect fine with no problem. However I have no problem with other smartphones such as iPhone and other Note 8 and etc. So I think there is a compatibly issue. Is there a known issue what wifi chip set have issue with Ruckus R510?  
8 REPLIES 8

hayward_kong
Contributor III
what firmware are you using on the R510? Just curious?

howard_kuo
New Contributor II
I am currently running 200.7.10.102.64 which I believe is the latest version?

hayward_kong
Contributor III
I know I've been having Wifi slow performance issues with unleashed firmware 200.7.10.x especially on the downloads on iOS devices.  so I went back to 200.6.10.x and it issues went away.  On your other smarts phones have you tried downloading Ruckus Speedflex  app and run a test to your AP just  a few feet away?  It seems they changed the Wifi Driver from firmware firmware 200.6.10.x to 200.7.10.x

I know I have issues on R710 and R610 and i know it's not just my setup since I had clients upgrade to 200.7.10.x and had issues too and I downgraded them back to 200.6.x and the speed issues on the downstream went away.

Also I know a few others on the forum have experienced the same issue too. So would like to confim with you if you are getting really slow download speeds  using the speedflex app.

Also I wonder if the Samsung Note 10 would work better.... on 200.6.10.x...  Just note if you did not save your unleashed settings on that firmware version you can't simply restore your settings if you saved them from 200.7.10.x  Once you do a forced downgrade  unleashed will be reset to factory default and restoring settings from a newer firmware won't on the older firmware since it's not permitted.   I think it's worth a try if you want to see if that would help.

howard_kuo
New Contributor II
Yes, I did experience slow internet connection with the latest firmware. I thought I was going crazy.. I will give it a shot on the older software and see, yeah I guess I will just have to set it up again which should be no problem. Thank you for the suggestions. 🙂