cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Unleashed?

jason_litka_frm
New Contributor
I watched some of the videos for Unleashed yesterday morning and was really excited about trying it out small scale (2-3 APs) but then I found out that it was only really supported on a subset of your APs, and of the Wave 2, only the 710.

I can see why the R610 wouldn't have the update since it was just released, but the press releases say the R510 was available back in July, and apparently the R710, which just got support recently, was available more than a year ago. That leaves me with some concerns that this is more or less being abandoned in favor of the paid cloud option (which I don't want here, I already use Meraki for those needs and am very happy).

Crossing my fingers for a "launching next week" reply.
6 REPLIES 6

nat_nat
Contributor II
Hi Jason,

I am glad to hear that you are excited about Unleashed. We generally don't disclose roadmap items in public forums. So, pl reach out to a Ruckus partner or Ruckus Sales person in your region to get roadmap details.

However, I can tell you that both Unleashed and Ruckus Cloud are equally important to Ruckus. So, you will be seeing new AP support and features are getting added on regular basis.

Regards
Nat

jason_litka_frm
New Contributor
I emailed Ruckus sales this morning and got like 8 auto-reply messages that you're closed. I reached out to the VAR that I use for most enterprise gear and they don't do much with Ruckus, so I think you're what I get until next week. I'll try calling then, but if what they can offer is a roadmap and not a date, I'll end up elsewhere. I need something sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

nat_nat
Contributor II
Jason,

I hear you. As you may understand, due to Thanks Giving holidays you got those automated replies. I will follow up with you on Monday. I am pretty sure you would get the info by then.

thanks
Nat

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I believe R510 is included in Unleashed 200.3, expected Jan/Feb 2017...