cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R350 trouble unleashing

douglas_liman
New Contributor III

I normally update an AP to unleashed by downloading the firmware to my computer and then through the web gui choosing upgrade local and pointing to the file.  with the r350 I have tried three different firmwares and I cannot get any of them to upload

I could ssh into the r350 but can't find instructions how to upgrade from a local file

The access point seems to be STUCK IN ZD mode and not open to receiving 200 series unleashed firmware.  ANY IDEA HOW TO UNLOCK IT?

current software is 116.0.0.0.1655

I have tried r350_200.12.5.234.bl7  and 200.11.10.5.195, 200.14.6.1.179, 200.14.6.1.199

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That worked -- CLI -- I had to set up my own FTP server (wish it would just get from Ruckus servers -- but I figured that part out with a program called Transfer

Thank you 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wei_jiang
New Contributor III

Hi,

You can try to change the browser (Firefox) or use CLI to upgrade the AP, use tftp to upgrade the AP, SSH login AP command is as follows:
fw set proto tftp
fw set host x.x.x.x (tftp server IP address)
fw set control R350_200.12.5.234.bl7
fw update
reboot

That worked -- CLI -- I had to set up my own FTP server (wish it would just get from Ruckus servers -- but I figured that part out with a program called Transfer

Thank you