cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R310 unleashed (2nd AP) keeps building network

frank_van_doorn
New Contributor II
Hello,

I want to add a second R310 Unleased AP to my network. The 1st AP is working fine, no problems at all. However, when I add a second R30 to the network and I power it up, it keeps saying 'Building the Unleashed Network. It may take a few minutes.'
Both AP have the same firmware. They cannot 'see' each other over the WiFi, but they are connected to the same (managed) network switch (with POE). Ping between the 2 devices works.

DHCP is handled by my router. Both AP's get's their IP's from the router.

On the master AP I see in the log:
Jan 21 08:38:18 Ruckus-TD01 ZD-APMgr: IPC_thread rcv ping from TACMON
Jan 21 08:38:10 Ruckus-TD01 meshd[19771]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 

Any idea on how to solve this?
8 REPLIES 8

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II
Master logs just full of messages below...

Apr  6 19:24:34 TMAC ZD-APMgr: IPC_thread rcv ping from TACMON 
Apr  6 19:24:30 TMAC meshd[8352]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:24:18 TMAC meshd[8328]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:24:04 TMAC ZD-APMgr: IPC_thread rcv ping from TACMON 
Apr  6 19:24:00 TMAC meshd[8281]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:23:48 TMAC meshd[8263]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:23:34 TMAC ZD-APMgr: IPC_thread rcv ping from TACMON 
Apr  6 19:23:30 TMAC meshd[8219]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:23:18 TMAC meshd[8195]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:23:04 TMAC ZD-APMgr: IPC_thread rcv ping from TACMON 
Apr  6 19:22:59 TMAC meshd[8143]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:22:48 TMAC meshd[8135]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:22:34 TMAC ZD-APMgr: IPC_thread rcv ping from TACMON 
Apr  6 19:22:29 TMAC meshd[8091]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory 
Apr  6 19:22:18 TMAC meshd[8081]: send_controller_config line: 96 Controller connecting error, errno: 2 No such file or directory

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
For Frank, can you swap your R310 APs?  Are you able to create the Unleashed network with just the new/2nd AP?
If so, then try adding your original R310 to the LAN and evaluate Access Points to see if it's recognized/configures ok?
On the same LAN, as Monnat mentions, since the R310 doesn't do mesh?

Otw, the above logs aren't saying anything helpful Greg, and can you swap any of the new R610s for the current Master
in your network, as I suggested to Frank, and does that have any effect in your case?  Else you may need to touch base
with our Tech Support.

Hi Michael, sorry for the late reply. Today I was finally able to switch the R310 APs. Magic, as this seemed to do the trick.

The remark from Paul van der Cruyssen: both AP's where updated to the latest version. So, it looks like that was not the issue.

At the end, I configured the new one with the settings of the Master. Switched off the master and booted the new AP. Then I did a factory reset on the old master. Using the web interface I managed to get them both up and running.

So, it's working now. Thanks for the help.

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II
Hi Michael,
I got in touch with support on Friday and resolved this.  I was working with a new switch I hadn't seen before and it turns out it had a very unusual function via tiny toggle switch on the front I didn't noticed.  It was set on "Video" which seemed to block all switchport communications and only allowed ports to talk to upstream devices seen on the uplink port.  Once the toggle switch was moved to "Switch" all the other APs joined the master almost instantaneously.  I felt pretty dumb for spending so much time on the issue, but I've never seen this on an unmanaged switch before.  I'll be wiser for next time.