cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Unleashed User - Getting Frustrated

tom_weber_82ykr
New Contributor
We have been Ruckus users now for a while (years) and have at least six different plants set up with full Zone Director networks with great success. Just implemented a small unleashed network with no good results. Any help is appreciated.

So, we have a warehouse that only needs two APs. Rather then go the full-blows Zone Director controller route, we thought we would try the unleashed controllerless product. Purchased two R500 Unleashed APs.

Went through set up and created the network and the master. Seemed like it went well. Added the second AP in - again, seemed like it went well. The second joined into the master as a member AP. I guess I kind of thought that this would become a secondary master....

Well, I can't seem to update the firmware to the latest 200.3 release. Tied both from the network and from the "local" after downloading the firmware. No joy either way... comes back and stated time out after counting all the way to 100%

Also, I have these issues / problems.....

- Trying to figure out why the master power LED is flashing (can't find that status anywhere in the doc)?
- Can't upgrade firmware as stated above (thinking that firmware might fix some things).
- Why doesn't the second show up as secondary master?
- Connection passing does not seem to work.... meaning.... I have two devices on the network, both connected to AP2 (non-master, only a member). Unplug AP2 to simulate an outage.... both connections jump to AP1 (Master) which is great..... then I bring the AP2 back online simulating like it was fixed, make sure that both are showing up in the admin screens, and then simulate an outage on the AP1 (master) and both clients drop and do not go over to AP2.

The set up is so simple that I am shocked to have these issues. Any thoughts for thus unleashed new user?

Thanks -
3 REPLIES 3